Monday, March 24, 2008

and now we are grown, with debts and regrets

text.


down in the garage, pulled out a box, started flipping through some old vinyl and what should turn up but this album.

its cover is significant for any number of reasons, not the least of which are
(a) its gorgeous representation of a gorgeously-talented woman at the supreme pinnacle of her gorgeousness [i mean, look at those lips--if, of course, you can tear your eyes away from the nipples on that magnificent rack pushing its way through the fragile fabric of that flimsy jersey]; and

(b) it may well represent the last time i spontaneously sprung a boner at the thought of a female [except for maybe during uma thurman's nude scene in dangerous liaisons, but that might've had less to do with the sight of her nubile young flesh than with the guy whose tongue was in my ear at the time, so i'm not counting it].
anyway, back to the album.

its buy-me track was "you're so vain," a song i never cared for. but there are two obscure, unknown little gems buried inside which endure in what's left of my memory--one about the sweet pain of unrequited love; the other about the innocence of lost youth--songs that came instantly and fully back to me as soon as i found that album, and that still sound as good to me now as they did then.

so i ripped 'em to mp3--enjoy. or not.


his friends are more than fond of robin


it was so easy

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know .. I still like You're So Vain . Although the first song was a good one . Send it to me sometime .

mkf said...

i'll do it.

Anonymous said...

You are a child of the 1970s. My God, I feel for you. Big giant lapels and tuxedo shirts with all those ruffles.

For some strange reason, folk singing really just blossomed in the 70s. Maybe it was all that pot and folks just laying back.

But, I must say, both songs put a smile on my face.

Simple pleasures in life are just so under-rated.