Tuesday, September 29, 2009

mystery theatre

.
one of the pleasures of this blog is that it gives me the opportunity to back-and-forth with my close friend and constant commenter noblesavage in a way that time and circumstance have robbed from us in real life.

one of his recent comments about beauty and messiness got me to thinking about his own pretty-boy days, which in turn prompted me to dig through boxes today until--yes!--i found what i was looking for: a faded copy of genre magazine from the early nineties on which he was featured as its tortured bisexual [don't even get me started] coverboy, semi-lovingly inscribed to me.

since in the intervening years noblesavage--who, in addition to being a very successful twink-slash-muscleboy in his day, is an accomplished product of two prestigious universities--has achieved a degree of respectability he disdained at the time this cover was shot, i'm hereby masking his pretty face until and unless i get his permission to drag him down into the gutter with me.



and the interior shot for the article:



[i remember he hated these shots because, aside from what he saw as their cheesiness, he thought they made his budding-bodybuilder physique look scrawny.]

as i thumbed through the magazine, i came across something unexpected--an old playbill tucked in its pages which fell into my hands, triggering another memory.

[and if you've ever wondered why triggered memories play such a big part in this blog, it's because without them, my past would be nothing more to me than a fuzzy blur--another reason i'm writing all this shit down here as it comes up.]



celebration theatre--what the fuck?

then i opened it and remembered, sort of.


i scanned the above pictures and sent 'em off to noblesavage, along with the following accompanying text:

as i was flipping through the copy of genre i just found, this playbill fell out--although for the life of me i can't remember much about that night except that (a) a bunch of us went to the premiere together as a group, (b) we had some kinda after-gathering at our place, (c) we went bar-hopping with the cast afterwards, and (d) one of those boys ended up in my bed.

i am relying on your memory of steel to provide me with the details.

to which noblesavage replied:

Ah, The Ballad of Little Mikey at Celebration Theater.

Yes, I do remember the details.

All will be revealed tomorrow 'cause I am going to bed now.

damn him for making us wait.

3 comments:

noblesavage said...

Noblesavage says to go ahead and do what you will with all of this.

As they say, this was all a long long time ago in a place far far away (OK, it was in West Hollywood), but it was a while ago.

mkf said...

noblesavage: thanks, i'll publish the uncensored shots in a day or two--but based on the traffic and feedback this blog's been getting lately, i'd say your anonymity is in no danger of being violated.

judi said...

and i just want to see how criminally hot you were.

the image i have of you etched on my brain isn't even close to reality, i'm sure.