Saturday, April 17, 2010

of course, i knew i'd end up going

.


it takes a lot to impress my jaded ass, but today hollywood suit outlet delivered.

within five minutes of walking through the door of this legendary establishment and into the capable hands of a salesman who's obviously heard my story a thousand times, i have the right suit [a cashmere/wool blend, no less] along with a decent 100% cotton shirt and appropriately somber tie, belt and socks--all for the package price of two hundred bucks.


he then sends me back to his tailor, and half an hour and twenty dollars later, all alterations are done and i find myself back out on hollywood boulevard with a suit-bag slung over my shoulder asking lucille ball's star why all my retail experiences can't be like this.

2 comments:

noblesavage said...

Perhaps you will end up enjoying yourself.

Why is it that you -- and here I'm just guessing -- do about 65 percent of the things that you do in your life out of sheer obligation?

As for Joseph, the founder and pitchman for the Hollywood Suit Outlet, he knows his customers: men who want to spend as little time shopping as possible to get an essential uniform to wear for appropriate occasions like court or funerals.

mkf said...

noblesavage: (a) 65% would actually be a low-ball estimate; (b) court or funeral--with me, it could easily go either way; and (c) thing that kills me is, it's a damned fine suit, and the alterations were as good as anything i've ever waited two weeks for--i looked like a million bucks.