Saturday, October 18, 2008

couple things

.
1. frequency


you may have noticed (those of of you who still come here, anyway) that my postings have recently become fewer and further between.

the reason for this is simple: in an attempt to pull back from the brink upon which i found myself poised a few weeks ago, i've cut way back on the drinking.

which is great and all, don't get me wrong--except for the simple fact that, unless i'm three-quarters shitfaced (i.e., like now), i generally don't care enough about anything or anybody to even call, much less write.


2. direction


they say everybody has a story to tell, but i never thought that tired cliche applied to me--until i took a left turn with this blog and started to tell what i've always thought were boring stories from my boring life.

as a consequence, i've lost about 60% of my readers in the last couple months--or maybe they've gone all techno and subscribed to me via rss (whatever--most never bothered to comment anyway, so fuck 'em).

what i'd rather concentrate on is what i've gained: a core of really smart, insightful readers whose feedback regarding said stories (both through comments and emails) means more to me than i can even begin to express here.

thanks to you all, and i hope you stick around through the ugliness that is sure to come.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think ugliness is beautiful...just so long as I don't have to kiss it.

Will said...

Somewhat paraphrasing Tennessee Williams in Night of the Iguana, "Nothing human repulses me".

And adding from Stephen Sondheim, "I'm still here!"

Leslie Johnson said...

This is a great blog *pats on back*. I liked the series of stories about the resteraunt / club. I would like to read more about that kind of stuff from you.

I have actually realized lately that I write (not blog) better SOBER. This of course is horrifying because now instead of working on my 3+ novels I just drink.

Cheers!

Les

Anonymous said...

what Will said.

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you've cut back on the sauce. We're looking forward to more crazy!

mkf said...

thanks, guys ;)