Saturday, November 17, 2012

have i mentioned i have one of those voices that carries?


so tonight at work:

"hey mike, you wanna come in on sunday?"

"no."

"you sure?  it's for [toothsome young first-year associate]."

"look, the only reason i'd drag my hungover ass in here on a sunday morning is to see how [toothsome young first-year associate] looks in sweatpants.  that'd be good for an hour or so, but if he wanted to keep me here any longer than that he'd have to start taking shit off."

i watch my co-worker's guffaw in response to this brilliance freeze into a wide-eyed, fixed smile, and i know without even turning around that...fuck.

and, sure as shit, here his pretty lil' ass comes, studiously looking down at the document he's holding, through the open door.

did he hear me?  dunno, couldn't tell.  but i expect that if he did, i'll probably hear about it.

excuse me, now--i need to go count my fuck-you money again.

No comments: