Wednesday, July 6, 2011

day 6: how about a classy "it came up on shuffle" for a change?

.

this wasn't mere blogfodder--for my money it's the undisputed kick-ass piano composition of all time, presented to you below the way i first heard it.

and i'm glad entremont's chopin was the first chopin i ever experienced.  yeah, even to my untrained ear he's a little sloppy sometimes, but the passion he brings to the music he so obviously loves more than makes up for it.

since then, i've heard many interpretations of this piece by many different hands, and even when more technically perfect, they all seem flat and bloodless when compared to this one.

enjoy.


1 comment:

noblesavage said...

I find it hard to stay awake when I go to classical music concerns. Sometimes I succeed, sometimes I don't. Not that it stops me from going.

I'll have to take your word for it on this one.