Tuesday, May 25, 2010

because i live to make my friends feel better

.
t__: hmmm
t__: i'm upset that i feel upset
mkf: what's upsetting you, my pet?
t__: well....i recently friended my ex on facebook
mkf: ok…
t__: and he fucking looks more hot than he did back then AND he has a hot bf
t__: so i felt...something...envy, bitterness...anger? maybe i dunno
mkf: the bastard--how dare he?
t__: and i was thinking to myself..well, WHY do i feel these things, is this saying something about my life?
mkf: look, that's pretty natural
t__: but I broke up with him
mkf: yep, and he was supposed to have withered on the vine ever since, having never gotten over you
mkf: he should be fat, despondent and alcoholic
t__: exactly
t__: bingo
mkf: oh wait--that's me
t__: noooo
t__: we never dated =P
mkf: well, if we HAD, you'd be very pleased at the way i've deteriorated
t__: thanks, i feel better now

3 comments:

noblesavage said...

The moral of this story: Never friend any ex on facebook. Ignorance is bliss.

6:34 a.m.? Is that early or really late? Never mind, I know the answer.

That you were so kind online, though, means that you had either abstained from alcohol (unlikely) or had entered the mellow mood for you that happens either before 2 drinks or after 6 drinks. I'm betting I know the answer on that too.

toddx said...

I, too, am impressed with your unexpected expression of sympathy and kindness. And by "impressed" I mean horrified and sickened. I hope you're friend enjoyed sullying your soul like that. :)

And, for the record, I am not friends with my ex, but I would totally stalk him if I could. It's wise to keep an eye on those things. I'd hate to miss a funeral, you know.

mkf said...

noblesavage: ah, you know me too well (in this aspect, anyway)

todd x: yeah, i kinda fell down on the job that night--i will have to work hard in the next few weeks to re-establish my "mean drunk" street cred. no worries, tho--i think i'm up to the challenge.