Monday, January 18, 2010

100 things about mkf (part 1)

.
back in the golden age of blogging [i.e, 2006], "100 things about me" was a standard topic on blogs everywhere, usually prompted by a request from some other blogger.

well, it's 2010, the golden age of blogging has long since passed and no other blogger has ever evinced even the slightest interest in my proclivities; nevertheless, this is a topic that has for some sudden and inexplicable reason [probably because i don't have fuck-all otherwise] captured my drunken attention this rainy night, so i'm going with it.

for what it's worth, here's the first installment:

1. while i'm considered masculine in LA, they'd laugh at that back in east texas.

2. if it doesn't have ice in it, i'm probably not interested in drinking it.

3. i'm the only person i've ever known who still lives like a bum after having made a shitload of money.

4. malign my honor and my expression of amused contempt will never change, but cut me off in traffic and i'll kill your kids.

5. unlike most people who see the mass of humanity as cattle, i count myself as part of the herd.

6. i consider imagine second only to blowin' in the wind in the contest for dumbest song ever written.

7. after having owned any number of high-end german cars, i'd stack the cheap toyota pickup i bought five years ago against the lot of 'em.

8. i am easily seduced by infomercials, which is why i try to leave my wallet down in the truck.

9. i bathe with irish spring soap because it drives my cat wild with desire.

10. whenever my next-door neighbor calls out, "hi, mike!," i can only smile and wave, because after ten years it seems impolite to ask him for his name again.

[stay tuned for 11-20, but don't hold your breath]

2 comments:

noblesavage said...

This is going to be like one of those countdown shows on VH1 isn't it? Ten at a time.

Well, I would prefer to read them all at once, but if you must, I guess I can comment upon the first ten (really, you should have gone 100 to 91 to build up suspense about the most important thing about you). NEVER say these are random even though they are. No wonder you are not in marketing or sales.

You continue to live like a bum because it suits you. For whatever reason (that means I have not figured it out), you just do not care a whole hell of a lot about your surroundings.

Which makes it all the more odd that you have such a passion for design and architecture. If it wasn't for you, I never would have seen Fallingwater (it really is worth the trip from Pittsburgh).

Such is the dichotomies of guttermorality...which is nicely summed up in your screen name.

Anonymous said...

The cat's not the only one..