Tuesday, February 19, 2008

so why is she losing?

test

of the two remaining democratic candidates, i totally prefer hillary clinton--she's far more seasoned and policy-savvy, her more pragmatic brand of liberalism goes down a little easier, and my feeling is she'd be much stronger on the world stage than mr. obama.

but i knew she'd never go the distance--in fact, i put my money where my mouth was over a year ago (and i think as my winnings i'll take dinner at l'orangerie, angela. thanks for playing, and remember--never bet against the kid).

see, i've talked to a lot of people about hillary over the years, and although the vast majority of them say they can't stand her, they're almost always hard-pressed to tell me exactly why.

but i have my theory about why she's such a "polarizing figure", and it's really not all that complicated: no matter how qualified she might be, hillary clinton is cursed with that stiff, aggrieved persona which can only be achieved by a woman who's been married to a philandering bastard for 35 years; the knowledge that she has absolutely nothing in common with the women her husband actually likes to fuck has come to permeate her being--hell, it radiates off of her--and it just flat creeps too many people out. as a friend of mine once put it, "as soon as she opens her mouth, i start getting the same feeling i get when my wife catches me doing something wrong."

and against the effortless charm of a rock star like barack? she never stood a chance.

No comments: