Friday, December 21, 2012

sorry, but if this must live on in my head, it must live in yours too




so i'm sitting out on the deck havin' the first smoke of the day, perusing the day's news whilst sipping on my protein shake.  distractedly taking a large swig, i bite into a blueberry the blender's blades must've missed.  as a juicy, bitter taste floods my mouth, followed immediately by a hot, stinging sensation, it occurs to me that i hadn't put blueberries in my shake this morning.

so now i'm carefully studying what's left of the fuzzy, half-masticated little creature floating in the former mouthful of liquid which is now splattered all over my deck, wondering if the bite the unidentifiable, vindictive little fucker applied to my inner lip as his last act on earth will make this my last blogpost ever.

stay tuned--oh, and enjoy dinner.

2 comments:

Mark in DE said...

Oh my god......

Will said...

Any further medical developments in the encounter of Mike vs The Bug? Oh, dinner was grilled salmon with rice, sugar snap peas and a Simi Valley chardonnay, all of which we enjoyed thoroughly, thanks.