Sunday, March 21, 2010

connect the dots yourself

.

saw this column a month or so back [yeah i know, but read it anyway].

within that piece was a link to this one, which contained some interesting polling data.

ever since, whenever i come across shit like this, i pause and reflect.

and most recently, i've asked myself--having scorched the political earth of america in order to pass their doomsday healthcare bill, how could the democrats even remotely hope to hang onto power come november?

well, today i came across this little tidbit [and btw, thanks, scotland--god knows our press would never tell us this shit].


to my previous advice about buying gold, allow me to append the following: buy a prius.

4 comments:

WAT said...

Hey, I saw one of your baby pics, and u were adorable!

Too bad u had to grow up and live in this shitty fucked up greedy politically-corrupt world.

mkf said...

wat: in my mind, i'm still too adorable for this world, goddammit.

noblesavage said...

Well, cynicism ages you guttermorality.

A lot.

This post is so appeal to the worst instincts in foreign policy, politics, and in elected leaders.

On the plus side, I love the picture.

mkf said...

noblesavage: you know, you always manage to chide me for my cynicism without ever actually refuting my argument.

but yeah, the picture's fabulous--from back in the days when the bomb was still fun, goddammit. i dunno if she planned that hat; i'd prefer to think it was one of those happy serendipities with which the universe graces us from time to time.